Walt Disney World FastPass+ Guide
Roaming Nanny contains affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thanks for reading! All in park photos courtesy of Disney.
What is FastPass+?
FastPass+ allows Walt Disney World guests to skip the standby line allowing for a shorter wait time at some of the park’s the best attractions. Guests can obtain FastPass+ for ride, shows, and characters meet and greets.
What does FastPass+ cost?
FastPass+ is included in the cost off all admission tickets to 4 Walt Disney World parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios.
How do you get FastPass+?
You can get FastPass+ reservations 2 ways: In advance via the My Disney Experience App (explained in detail at the end of this post.) and at any FastPass+ kiosk in the parks. Kiosks are located throughout the parks. If you need assistance, look for a cast member who is on had to help you with your FastPass+ reservations.
When can I make FastPass+ reservations?
For guests staying at Disney World Resort properties - which I highly recommend - you can make FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance. For guests staying off property, reservations can be made 30 days prior to your visit.
How do you use FastPass+?
Once you have your FastPass+ reservations they are automatically connected to your ticket. When approaching an attraction have your magic band or park ticket ready as you’ll have to scan it. You’ll enter the line through the FastPass+ entrance. Upon entering you’ll need to scan your magic band or park ticket. Depending on the ride you may have to scan your magic band or park ticket again, so if you’re using a park ticket don’t scan it and leave it with a non-rider. While this may seem like a pain it helps ensure people don’t get into the standby line then hop the railing into the FastPass+ line.
Important FastPass+ Tips:
All guests can reserve 3 FastPass+ is advance per day for 1 park. After you use those you can make 1 additional FastPass+ reservation.
FastPass+ will give you an hour window to get in line, so you can get in line at any point during the hour. However, if you miss the time window you will not be allowed in line afterwards. You will need to get another FastPass+ for that attraction.
If you can’t get your top picks for attractions (Think Toy Story Land). Make a selection and go back before your trip see if anything else has opened up. They often do!
FastPass+ runs out early for the newer and most popular attractions, so reserve early!
When you arrive at an attraction and the wait it short, I recommend canceling your FastPass+ via the My Disney Experience app and getting in the standby line. That way you can get a FastPass+ for another ride. Or do the ride twice!
If you’re planning on Park Hopping, use your FastPass+ reservations for the park you’ll be visiting in the afternoon. In the mornings it’s earlier to hop in the standby line for several rides and have a shorter wait time.
Rides that have FastPass+:
Some of the WDW parks have a tier system allowing you to select a certain number of tier 1 attractions and certain number of tier 2 attractions. Rides are listed in alphabetical order and by tier. My recommended FastPass+ options are in bold.
The Magic Kingdom doesn’t have a tier system
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tales with Belle
It’s A Small World
Mad Tea Party
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Tiana and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Epcot has a tiered FastPass+ system. You can choose one tier 1 attraction and two tier 2 attractions.
Frozen Ever After
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Soarin’ Around the World
Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Animal Kingdom has a tiered FastPass+ system. You can choose one tier 1 attraction and two tier 2 attractions.
Avatar Flight of Passage
Na’vi River Journey
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo – The Musical
It’s Tough to be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
Rivers of Light
Hollywood Studios has a tiered FastPass+ system. You can choose one tier 1 attraction and two tier 2 attractions.
Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash
Toy Story Mania
Beauty and The Beast Live On Stage
Disney Jr. Live on Stage
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Aerosmith Rock ‘N’ Rollercoaster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
How to make a FastPass+ reservation step-by-step:
1.Download the My Disney Experience App.
2. When the app has finished downloading open it and create an account. Once your account has been created, log-in.
3. After logging-in the home screen will come up (See photo below) if you have other people in your party you need to add them to you profile and connect their tickets. Click on the 3 lines on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, scroll down to “My Profile”, then over to “Family & Friends List”. Scroll down and hit “Add a Guest” Follow the directions from there.
4. Now that you’ve added your Family and Friends, go to the Home screen. Depending on your device’s screen size you may have to scroll down to see My Plans. The first option on the left will be “Get FastPass+,” click on it.
5. Select everyone in your party that you’re making reservations for and click continue. Then select the date, followed by the park you’ll be visiting on that date. *Remember that you will be unable to reserve FastPass+ if you’re not within the 60 day (for Disney Hotel guests) or 30 day (for all other guests) window before you’re visit.
5. Then all available FastPass+ rides will come up. You can swipe to see the availability for morning, afternoon, evening, or specific times.
6. Once you have found the FastPass+ for the attraction you want, click one the time you want it to start.
7. You will then be given the option to review your information. If it is correct, click the green confirm button.
8. When you’ve confirmed your selection you’ll see a final confirmation screen. At this time you can continue to make FastPass+ selections for the same day, a different day, or be done with your selections.